Dominic Tremblay is an innovative, Canadian educational consultant. He brings twenty-first century skills into the classroom by providing training and support for teachers from coast to coast to coast. He has worked as a classroom teacher for 13 years in a small K-12 Franco-Ontarian school in Trenton, Ontario, where he gained extensive experience teaching a variety of subjects at different grade levels. He also worked for one year at the Education Quality and Accountability Office to develop and implement the mathematics provincial test and to analyze results.
For the past seven years he has owned his consulting business and has been providing services to school boards, divisions, and districts in every province of the country as well as Nunavut. He has supported thousands of students and teachers in mathematics, science, technology, social studies, robotics, and literacy. In addition to this, he has also had the opportunity to work with aboriginal and Inuit communities. He has adapted the content of his workshops and activities to better fit the needs of their communities. When it comes to robotics, Dominic not only offers workshops, but he has also helped the team at Zone01 Robotics, a non-profit organization, to expand their robotics competitions to Ontario as well as judging at the national event in Montreal.
Dominic is an Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT), a PRIME National Certified Trainer and a Smarter Science National Certified Trainer.
Internationally, Dominic has worked with teachers in Cap Haïtien (Haiti) where he encouraged staff to bring authentic and engaging science activities into their classrooms. He has also done some work with the Pixel Corps in San Francisco and the International School of Toulouse in France.
Dominic is also actively involved in organizing the Canada-Wide Science Fair. This is a nationwide non-profit organization that encourages kids to create STEM projects. This one-week national event is held in a different city every year. Dominic has supported the host team with logistics, especially when it comes to providing services in both official languages and database management. Dominic has attended 22 Canada-Wide Science Fairs.
His accomplishments include:
- B.A. (Hons) in Language and Linguistics, Queen’s University (1996)
- B. Ed., Queen’s University (1997)
- Classroom teacher for thirteen years with experience at the elementary and secondary levels (1997-2010)
- Member of the Ontario College of Teachers (1997-2017)
- Member of the Pixel Corps (2010-2011)
- Education Officer at the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) (2002-2003)
- Blogger for “Resources for Teachers” (2007-2017)
- Production of educational resources for various organizations, including textbook publishers and the Ministry of Education of Ontario (1997-2017)
- Member of the National Science Fair Committee (2000-2003) and Youth Science Ontario (2001-2008)
To hire Dominic for your school or organization, simply e-mail or call him. You can then discuss with him what you have in mind and he will gladly adapt his services to suit your needs.
- E-mail : info (a) dominictremblay.com
- Phone : (315) 464-0540
- Twitter : @d_tremblay